Call for Board of Directors
TNG is currently accepting Letters of Interest for Board Members to serve for the 2023-24 term.
Letters of Interest Due by July 19, 2023.
Letters of Interest Due by July 19, 2023.
Don’t think you qualify? Think again!
We are always open to new perspectives and skill sets. We believe that every individual has a distinct and valuable vision to bring into a leadership role and invite all creative thinkers to apply, no matter their background. Leadership can mean many different things within our organization and no experience within leadership roles is necessary to apply. The New Gallery is committed to supporting Indigenous, Disabled, BIPOC, and LGBTQIA2S+ artists and community members while navigating the historically colonial structures within artist-run centres and non-profit organizations. Read more about The New Gallery ︎HERE
This is a volunteer position.
Please read more about the position and how to apply below ︎︎︎
Benefits of Being on The New Gallery Board
- Support a non-profit charitable society that provides free access to contemporary visual and performative art
- Contribute to and guide the evolution and development of the Gallery and artist-run culture
- Share your skills and knowledge with an organization committed to making a difference in our community
- Learn new skills applicable to your own arts career/practice
- Make meaningful connections with other dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate people
- Gain insight into the Artist-run Community and key community issues
- Access opportunities for personal and professional development
- Work with a Board committed to the ︎Governance as Leadership model and learn about the unique structures of artist-run centers
- Demonstrated passion for artist-run culture and contemporary art.
- Past voluntary committee or board experience.
- Experience in several areas which may include:
- human resources
- community investment
- membership and customer service
- corporate or nonprofit experience
- strategic planning.
- Possess strengths that enable working effectively within a team
- A Board Member's performance is evaluated by their peers and the HR Committee annually based on the performance of assigned Board responsibilities and duties.
- Ample opportunities for growth and feedback!
* All Board Members have a responsibility to carry out the organization's Vision and Mission while adhering to all Policies, Procedures and By-Laws. The role of the Board of Directors of The New Gallery (the Board) is to govern the organization in accordance with the Bylaws and applicable laws, to establish the organization's direction and monitor its performance.
A member of the Board of The New Gallery agrees to:
1. Participate as a member of the board for a two-year term (estimated monthly time commitment is ideally 3 hours of meeting time, and 5 hours of work (BoD initiatives).
2. Attend Board meetings and annual planning meetings, and participate on at least one additional committee.
3. Prepare for Board and Committee meetings and contribute to the decision making process.
4. Participate in board development activities: orientation program, on-going Board development
activities and individual growth and development opportunities as outlined in the Board Development policy.
5. Attend special events as individual schedule permits.
6. Demonstrate commitment to the growth and sustainability of the organization by making a personal donation through an annual membership.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in serving on TNG's Board of Directors, please submit a Letter of Interest to TNG's Board of Directors (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Application: Board 2023.” Oral and video submissions are also accepted, links to these files are preferred but other delivery methods are also accepted. CVs and resumes are not required, but applicants may supplement their letter of interest with this document if preferred.
TNG is dedicated to equitable access, and encourages Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, newcomer, 2SLGBTQ+ artists, d/Deaf and disabled artists, emerging artists, as well as artists from poor and working-class backgrounds to participate in this leadership opportunity. TNG is committed to working individually with applicants facing barriers to this opportunity. If you require support or accommodations during this process, please contact us at 403-233-2399 or email our staff at email@example.com